Sunday, October 24, 2004

10/24/04-Real life business experience...

Though I do not have an MBA, let me share some life lesson around Kazakhstan marketing. Not being able to read the labels, presentation has been a major influence on my purchasing. For example, the milk with the picture of the elderly woman on it must be better than the milk with the dancing dairy farmer, right? I mean, she looks like she would sell me better milk. And that cute smiling baby on the baby food job looks like he really loves that food, so it has to be good. Of course, if the label doesn’t work, then fall back on the time honor decision technique – choose the more expensive, because it must be better. It has usually worked for me in the past.

Our day today went as others have. We’re still trying to figure out their sleeping schedules. Basically, if they acted sleepy, we put them down. The end result was that each had times when they were the only one up. This gave us some relief from the other little visitor we’ve received. The ugly green monster of jealousy is upon us. The kids are definitely competing for attention. Jack has become a bit of a whiner the last few days. Whatever one starts doing or gets, the other does or wants. I think I’m getting a view of what Josie Post must have been going through. (And the foundation of that joyous Post teasing that is a constant activity at all family functions.)

The only other news is that Gracie has now been visited by the diarrhea bug. It looks like she is also reacting to the formula, only a little later than Jack. She has been refusing to eat foods. Our local pediatric resource (thanks Lisa), says not to worry, but make sure she stays hydrated. We have some Pedialyte and are going to the store for some other drink options. Hopefully she will work through it. This kid does not need to miss a meal.

We are in anxious anticipation for the arrival of GMA Jan. Unfortunately, we received news that her flight was delayed and she missed her connection to Frankfurt. She has been redirected and is on the way, but she will not get into Almaty until tomorrow morning. She will still make her flight to here. We’ve been in touch with all the people here so they will make sure she is taken care of when she gets to Almaty.

The only other bad news is that something is wrong with my card reader, so I have not been able to get any pictures off the camera. I’m going to go out tomorrow and see if I can find a replacement. (I’ll take all the equipment and just point at everything. Hopefully someone can help me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home